We have vast experience in job costing, inventory analysis, data gathering, lower of cost or market analysis and multiple inventory systems and methodologies.
Management of your cost of sales is the single most important aspect to knowing your appropriate sales price. Our professionals work closely with operations to manage your inventory and cost to maximize your companies’ ability to produce profits! Our consultants have strong communication, interpersonal, analytical and technology skills required of a cost accounting professional.
Our consultants will make recommendations of the operational accounting function and system improvements.
Simply augmenting your accounting team at peak times or upgrading your staff can be the most effective solution. NOW consultants identify your needs and will tailor a solution that provides you with the best opportunity for success. See NOW consultants’ services, education, and training or Financial Reporting for additional solutions for your operational accounting.
Specific Cost Accountants Duties
- Review processes
- Define and document procedures
- Evaluate employee training requirements for shipping, receiving, material handling, warehousing, and manufacturing areas
- Assess and recommend improvements to storage areas
- Assess and recommend improvements to information flows for cost reporting, overhead allocations, inventory receipts, manufacturing, and distribution
- Review and recommend methods, equipment, systems, and technologies for order picking operations
- Evaluate and recommend cost accounting initiatives in budgeting and tracking of inventory costs for precise cost reporting and margin management
- Access to NOW knowledge base and strategic partners to equip your business with the greatest of knowledge is Inventory management
- Implement new or optimize existing software technologies used in inventory control, manufacturing, distribution, and warehousing
- Develop and implement departmental productivity tracking systems
- Define and implement customized cycle counting and physical inventory programs
- Provide expert insight on material handling, warehouse design, inventory management, and related projects
- Implement and manage changes to the inventory valuation method (FIFO, LIFO, Weighted Average, Standard Cost)
- Implement process and change management for improvements to the inventory management and cost accounting such as cycle counting
- Optimize and determine inputs for decision-making tools related to inventory control such as lot sizing, safety stock, reorder points
- Optimize and determine inputs for decision-making tools related to job costing such as overhead allocations, and cost identification
- Provide comprehensive documentation of procedures and development of training materials
- Complete and timely inventory cost reviews, audits and evaluations
- Loss prevention oversight that includes best practices in fraud prevention and detection
- Accurate and timely reporting of inventory costing in a manner that allows you to fully understand the cost of goods sold
- Reporting for working capital factoring or collateral agreements
- Audit preparation to complete the audit process in a timely and efficient manner
- Product margin reporting and tracking for budgeting